Baked Pasta Dinner.
You can have Baked Pasta Dinner using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Pasta Dinner
- Prepare of Baked pasta.
- It’s 1 lb of dried pasta, use your favorite type. Ziti is most commonly used.
- It’s 14 oz of ricotta cheese.
- It’s 3 of scallions, thinly sliced. Use the white and light green parts..
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese blend.
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of freshly chopped Italian flat leaf parsley.
- It’s of Pasta topping.
- It’s 8 oz of mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded.
Baked Pasta Dinner step by step
- Start your sauce. My recipe is attached. You may use a prepared sauce. I would suggest using two bottles of prepared sauce. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/346436-simple-pasta-sauce.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water. Five quarts boiling water plus 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta and cook for 10-13 minutes. Pasta should be just tender. Drain and set aside..
- Mix all other ingredients to combine well. Here is the cheese blend I used..
- Place enough sauce to cover the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan..
- In a large bowl mix cooked pasta with 3/4 of sauce..
- Place 1/2 of pasta over the sauce..
- Drop by spoonfuls the ricotta cheese mix. Spoon over the entire top of pasta..
- Cover cheese mix with rest of pasta..
- Pour rest of sauce over top of that layer and place sliced mozzarella cheese on top..
- Baked uncovered in a preheated 375°F fahrenheit oven..
- Baked 35 minutes. Remove from oven and cover loosely with tin foil..
- Let the pasta rest for 10 minutes before uncovering and serving..
- Recipe by taylor68too..