NO MILK Cheater Mac n Cheese.
You can cook NO MILK Cheater Mac n Cheese using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of NO MILK Cheater Mac n Cheese
- It’s 2 box of "Nacho Cheese Goldfish" mac n cheese (you can use any boxed mac n cheese, this kind just happens to be dank!).
- You need medium of A few handfulls of different dry pasta (i used mini ziti & elbow mac).
- You need of Sea Salt (in boiling water).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Butter or Margarine (maybe 2 TBS, i wasn't measuring).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 4 slice of 3/8" thick slices of Sharp Cheddar Velveeta Cheese.
- It’s 2 slice of 3/8" Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese.
- It’s 2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/2 of Fresh Jalepeno, diced small.
- You need 1 dash of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 dash of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need of Beer (I used Coors Light).
NO MILK Cheater Mac n Cheese instructions
- Fill pot with water, add sea salt to taste, & bring to boil.
- Once boiling, add boxed pasta & dry pasta of choice. BOIL ONLY 4-5 MINUTES! (Do NOT add the cheese powder packets that come in the boxed Mac, you will use these later)..
- Drain the pasta in a collender & rinse with cold water to remove starch & stop the pasta from cooking any further. Do not transfer pasta back to pot; let it sit in the collender until the cheese sauce is ready..
- Using the same pot that you boiled the pasta in, add the butter, sour cream, the 2 pouches of cheese powder from the boxes, the Velveeta (all slices of both kind), & the diced jalepeno..
- Simmer on low and slowly add a little beer to thin out the consistency of the cheese.
- Simmer & stir until the mixture is creamy & lump free (keep adding beer [or more sour cream] AS NEEDED, don't go overboard though!).
- Once creamy, add the crushed red pepper flakes, garlic & onion powder, and stir well into the cheesy goodness..
- Once everything is well blended, slowly fold the pasta into the cheese mix by large spoon-fulls.
- Garnish with black pepper (if desired), and smash! 😁.