Super Easy Pickled Red Onions.
You can cook Super Easy Pickled Red Onions using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Easy Pickled Red Onions
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need of I teaspoon sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of yellow mustard seeds.
- It’s 12 of whole black peppercorns.
- It’s 8 of whole allspice.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
Super Easy Pickled Red Onions instructions
- Peel the red onion, cut into 1/4" thick slices..
- Place in bowl and pour boiling water over the sliced onions and let sit for 30 seconds. Then rinse in cold water..
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved..
- Place the red onion slices in a jar that has an airtight fitting lid. Add the remaining ingredients and then pour over the vinegar mixture. Refrigerate..
- Delicious served with hamburgers, tacos and salads. Enjoy!.