Rum Chocolate Orange Cake.
You can cook Rum Chocolate Orange Cake using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rum Chocolate Orange Cake
- Prepare 500 grams of Chocolate cake mix.
- Prepare 1/2 of Terrys chocolate orange.
- It’s 3 of Eggs.
- Prepare 120 ml of Dark rum.
- It’s 120 ml of Water.
- Prepare of Rum Glaze.
- You need 125 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 60 ml of Water.
- You need 225 grams of Unrefined brown sugar.
- You need 120 ml of Dark rum.
Rum Chocolate Orange Cake instructions
- Finely chop the half the chocolate orange.
- Make cake mix as directed, adding the eggs & the finely chopped chocolate gradually.
- Grease & flour a cake tray (round ones are better), and pour in cake mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 170*C (325*F), or until skewer/toothpick test comes out of cake reasonably clean.
- When cake comes out of the oven, leave to cool for 10 minutes and prepare glaze.
- FOR THE GLAZE: add butter to pan and melt, then add sugar and water, boil for 5 minutes. Let it cool down for a few minutes, then slowly add rum (its important not to add rum when too hot as it'll boil off).
- Use fork and make many holes in cake, slowly cover in rum, use knife to open up large parts of cake and pour in rum. Do this very slowly and the glaze will soak into the cake. Its alright to drench the cake & leave overnight (on the side & covered, not refrigerated), and it'll be even better the next day..