Chicken Sausage Patties and Gravy.
You can have Chicken Sausage Patties and Gravy using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sausage Patties and Gravy
- Prepare of Sausage.
- Prepare 500 g of ground chicken.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, chopped fine.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin seed.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s of Gravy.
- You need 1/4 cup of shortening (Crisco).
- You need 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Chicken Sausage Patties and Gravy instructions
- Blend the garlic and the spices into the ground chicken. Let stand in the refrigerator overnight to let the meat absorb the spices..
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet under medium heat until hot but not smoking. Roll the spiced sausage meat into golf ball size rounds and flatten to around 1 cm thickness. Fry under medium heat until cooked through (75°C interior temperature), about six minutes per side..
- In the same skillet, mix shortening and flour under low heat until well combined.
- Add water, increase heat to medium, and bring to a boil, stirring. Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir until the gravy has thickened, about five minutes..
- Serve with buttermilk biscuits or rice..