Turkey and brown rice taco filling. Fill your freezer with these delicious turkey and brown rice taco burritos. Healthy, delicious and easy to make, they'll become a lunch and dinner staple! But again, you could play around with a different type of rice (and cooking method).
Healthy, delicious and easy to make, they'll become a lunch and dinner staple! Lean turkey taco meat and rice make the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, nachos, enchiladas, and quesadillas. Includes stove & Instant Pot instructions. You can cook Turkey and brown rice taco filling by using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you can make that:
Ingredients of Turkey and brown rice taco filling
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 1 cup of brown rice, prepared according to package directions.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of small green bell pepper diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced pickled jalepenos.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jarred chunky salsa. your favorite.
- You need 1 of pepper and adobo seasoning to taste.
Ground turkey, white rice, tomatoes, and taco seasonings are simmered to create a quick skillet dinner or a tasty filling for your favorite Mexican. Turkey Tacos that are quick, easy, healthy, juicy and packed with flavor – you won't even miss the beef with my secret ingredient! They are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal yet just as crave worthy as more labor intensive dinners. Learn how to make Turkey taco filling & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe.
Turkey and brown rice taco filling step by step
- In a non stick skillet, saute the onion, peppers,and jalepenos until softened. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink crumbling it as it cooks..
- Once its browned, add pepper and adobo. i added about 1/2 teaspoon for each. stir in the seasonings well and add the salsa and brown rice. stir until combined and let it cook until the pan looks somewhat dry. remove from heat and serve as a taco, burrito, enchilada, or tostada filling. i have also used this as a filling for lettuce wraps. servewith cheese, sour cream, extra salsa and hot sauce. Enjoy.
Add the brown rice, chicken stock, Kalyn's Taco Seasoning (or taco seasoning of your choice and Spike Seasoning (affiliate link) or another all-purpose Put a few scoops of the rice mixture in each serving bowl and top with a couple of spoonfuls of salsa. And most definitely I would serve this with. This tasty rice great addition to tacos either on the inside or out. My fiance raves over this recipe. I used organic chicken broth organic tomato sauce my own homemade taco seasoning mix long-grain rice and I omitted the olives only because my kids aren't really fans.