Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce. Pork loin steak cooks quickly and is complemented by the rich sauce and contrasting sharpness of the apples. Add the remaining butter to the pan with the mustard, sherry, cream and seasoning. Stir until smooth, adding a little water if the sauce is a little too thick.
Season on both sides with salt and pepper. Discard oil and put butter in. Add mustard and wine, stir several minutes and then add cream and. You can cook Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce
- Prepare 2 of pork loin steaks (about 200g each).
- It’s 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3 of small shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbs of or so coarse mustard.
- Prepare 3-4 tbs of unsalted butter.
- It’s 2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar (optional).
- You need 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare of To taste, salt and pepper.
Mustard Pork Loin Roast is wonderfully tender, with a tasty mustard sauce. A recipe easy enough for weeknights and special enough for holidays and It is wide enough to cut steak-like pieces from it. Many people will purchase a whole loin and then divide it into two or three portions, freezing whatever. For Pork Tenderloin Recipes on Yummly
Pork loin steaks with mustard and butter sauce step by step
- Pat pork steaks dry, pound them thin, season with salt and pepper, and let sit for 10 minutes..
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat..
- Cook steaks until they have a nice sear and are done but still juicy, about 4 minutes or so on one side, then flip and cook for 2 1/2 or so on the other..
- Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Wipe off excess grease, turn heat down to medium-low, then add 1/2 the butter, shallots, and thyme to the pan..
- When the shallots are soft and brown, add the stock, mustard, and rest of the butter..
- Lower heat and simmer until sauce reduces. Be sure to taste and adjust: add sugar and/or water if too salty or too sour. Can also add more butter or some cream if you want it thicker..
- When the sauce is done, remove the cooked thyme sprigs, pour sauce into a separate bowl or over the pork, and serve..
Mustard Sauce, Chicken With Tarragon-mustard Sauce, Roasted Squash And Zucchini With Mustard Sauce. The combination of mustards in this recipe produces an especially piquant sauce to serve with the From BBQ chicken to the perfect grilled steak, here you'll find grilling recipes that are guaranteed to Very delicious pork loin. Pat the pork loin steaks dry. Tip: this helps the steaks to colour and caramelise. Rub them with a little vegetable oil and season both sides with salt.