Orange chicken. Chinese Orange Chicken made with crispy fried chicken covered in an authentic orange sauce. The ultimate Chinese Orange Chicken Recipe which is way better than take-out. Orange chicken is a North American Chinese dish of Hunan origin.
Just like Panda Express but even better! Original Orange Chicken By Panda Express. Enjoy delicious citrus chicken marinated in lemon and orange juice with brown sugar, vinegar, soy “A delicious citrus chicken recipe with flavors reminiscent of the orange chicken from a popular. You can cook Orange chicken using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange chicken
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves chopped and smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s 1/2 large of green pepper chopped.
- You need 3 tsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of chicken (you can use the chicken parts of your choice).
- Prepare 2 cup of natural orange juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
My Chinese Orange Chicken is sticky, sweet and tangy. I'm going to show you how to get succulent crispy chicken pieces and plenty of that delicious orange sauce. It's easy to make at home. This Orange Chicken Recipe brings Chinese takeout home!
Orange chicken step by step
- Melt the butter with the olive oil, add the garlic and the onion, wait a minute to add the green pepper, the parsley and the cilantro. Once all of our ingredients are lightly fried we add the chicken (marinate the chicken previously), wait for the chicken to seal from both sides, don't forget to turn the chicken eventually for an even cook..
- Once you have your chicken perfectly sealed add the orange juice, for the orange juice I prefer to squeeze my oranges, it gives a more natural taste. Add a quick dash of white wine, sugar, salt, pepper, onion salt, and garlic powder. It's very important to be tasting your sauce while adding these ingredients, that way you can give your own touch to the flavor..
- Cover your pot with the lid and wait until the sauce boils at a medium temperature. Open your pot and wait for the sauce to reduce. Once you have a nice texture its ready to eat, you can serve it with some smashed potatoes and a green salad..
It's easy to make and oh so delicious to enjoy this takeout fakeout favorite in the comfort of your own kitchen. Orange Chicken is a classic Chinese-American take-out dish popularized by Panda Express. My version is loaded with juicy chunks of gingery marinated chicken, and the all-natural glaze is made. Delicious Orange Chicken with crispy chicken in an incredible sweet and tangy orange sauce! This orange chicken is super easy to make, a favorite comfort food and way better than take-out!