Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice. Jeera Rice is the simplest rice dish which can be prepared from the left over rice too. Heart of Daffodils is a hub for all the things in the world. Jeera rice only needs a few simple ingredients.
Jeera rice is a flavored Indian rice dish made by cooking basmati rice with ghee, cumin & other fragrant spices. Making jeera rice is one of the One dish I never fail to make when I have people at home for dinner is this Jeera rice. Most times I am jammed with lack of ideas over a dinner menu as I. You can have Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice
- You need 2 cups of leftover rice (cooled).
- You need 2 tablespoons of Ghee (or oil; not butter) -.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Cilantro (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies slit lengthwise.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Raw and unsalted Cashews (optional).
Cumin seeds are fun to cook with, they come alive when you drop them in hot oil, and they impart a very special flavor to this rice. Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over a medium-high heat. Drop in the cumin seeds, and cook until they splutter. Do not allow the cumin seeds to burn or.
Leftovers – jeera rice/toasted cumin seeds rice instructions
- Heat a wok with ghee and toss in cashews. Once they turn golden brown; take them and keep them in a separate pan. Add in the cumin seeds now in the same leftover ghee. Toast till they start giving out fragrance. Then toss in chillies. Turn the heat low..
- Add in the rice. Let it absorb the flavors for about 2 minutes. Then add salt and cilantro leaves. Mix well..
- Turn off the heat and add the roaster cashews in..
Jeera Rice or Cumin Rice is a simple Indian rice dish flavored with cumin seeds. Cumin seeds and select Indian spices sautéed in ghee add a unique flavor to plain rice when cooked together. This rice dish is quite common in North India. Jeera Rice makes a delicious and aromatic side dish which can. Learn how to make Jeera Rice, otherwise known as cumin rice, with this simple recipe that drains the water from the rice to remove all impurities.