Niú shé (Beef Tongue).
You can make Niú shé (Beef Tongue) by using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that:
Ingredients of Niú shé (Beef Tongue)
- Prepare 1 of Beef Tongue.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- It’s 2 of medium Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole all spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of whole cloves.
- It’s 1 of large yellow onions just peel and keep whole.
- You need of Optional Sauce:.
- You need 2 cups of water to 1 cup ketchup.
Niú shé (Beef Tongue) step by step
- Fill a pot with water, then place the tongue in the pot. Then add the spices in the pot. You want to do this in order so the spices are not under the tongue..
- Cover the pot, and cook over a low simmer for about 2.5 hours. You will know it is cooked when a knife can easily cut into the tongue..
- Once done, place the tongue on a plate and peel off the skin..
- Now the tongue cab be eaten with the optional sauce with the onion from the pot, and eat it like a soup. It can also be cut up for a sandwich or with a vegetable side..