Crispy orange peel beef. A delicious crispy and sweet, yet mildly spiced beef stir-fry recipe. Great served with steamed rice and broccoli. I also omitted the orange peel as it really didn't need it.
Only peel off the orange colored part. Thinly slice the orange peels into long strips. Crispy Orange Beef is a typical Szechuan. You can cook Crispy orange peel beef using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crispy orange peel beef
- Prepare of beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of beef for stir fry (thinly sliced steak of your choice).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of each, salt and pepper.
- Prepare of sauce.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of grated ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Orange marmalade.
- Prepare 1 cup of water, divided.
- You need 1 of beef bouillon cube.
- It’s 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of sliced scallions, for garnish.
Officially it's supposed to be made using dried-tangerine peels, but Chris Kimball recommends using a vegetable peeler to remove peel and some pith from navel oranges. Most people love it and a few have not. Orange Beef – Crispy beef in a crazy delicious orange sauce. This homemade orange beef recipe is healthier and so much better than Chinese takeout.
Crispy orange peel beef instructions
- Season steak with salt and pepper, then toss in cornstarch..
- In small saucepan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil and saute garlic and ginger until golden. Then add 1/2 cup water, bouillon cube, marmalade, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered..
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium high. Flick water on pan. When it sizzles, add the steak. Cook until brown and slightly crispy..
- When steak is nearly done, combine cornstarch and remaining 1/2 cup water in small lidded container. Shake until smooth. Add to sauce and simmer until thickened..
- Serve steak with the sauce on the side. Garnish with scallions…
Beef is the preferred meat for many people and this recipe fits the bill. Because the protein used is beef, the dish is beefy and stronger in flavors. Add hot pepper and orange peel, Stir briefly. We simplify the recipe by replacing the batter with a coating of cornstarch and freezing the dredged pieces of beef for easier hand. Add orange peel and green chili pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until about half of orange.