Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version). On this video I get to try out my new Traeger Pellet smoker and make a quick and dirty homemade pastrami. This may not be the traditional way to make but. Homemade Brisket Pastrami Recipe on the Smoker #brisketpastrami #pastrami #howtobbqright Smoked Brisket Pastrami Pastrami was first made as a way to.
We typically use juicy, flavorful pastrami in sandwiches. Smoked pastrami recipe on the Big Green Egg using a corned beef brisket. Saint Patrick's Day is a good excuse to fire up your smoker for Smoked Pastrami this weekend. You can have Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version) using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version)
- You need 1 (4 lb) of Packaged Brined Corned Beef Brisket.
- It’s of For The Rub:.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Ground Coriander.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Coarse Ground Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cup Garlic Powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ground Thyme.
- You need of Sour Dough Rolls.
- It’s as needed of Mustard.
For this recipe I'm taking a Corned Beef brisket flat and turning it into fresh Pastrami. Fully smoking the meat in the smoker produces a dryer pastrami. If you like it more moist, leave more fat on the meat and finish it by steaming. Many have posted how much they like my pastrami recipe, but were not pleased with the texture of the meat.
Smoked Pastrami (Dirty Version) instructions
- You can use whatever rolls you want. I make my Sour Dough Rolls the day before. My recipe is on my page..
- The day before, wash brine mixture off of brisket thoroughly. Trim fat. Pat dry..
- Rub mustard all over the brisket as a binder for the Rub..
- Mix all Rub ingredients, completely cover the brisket with Rub by hand..
- Place Brisket in a one gallon zip lock bag. Or plastic wrap it up..
- Place in fridge, let rest overnight..
- The next day, pre heat smoker to 275 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Remove brisket from the plastic bag. Place in smoker. Let smoke for 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, wrap Brisket in foil, place back in smoker. Insert meat probe. Smoke at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for about another 2 hours until internal Temp is 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove Brisket..
- Let rest in foil for 30 minutes..
- Slice as Thin as humanly possible, place between rolls, add mustard and pickles..
Fully smoking the meat in the smoker until it. I'm here to tell you that when it comes to pastrami, the undisputed deli champion, it's not only possible to make your own, but you'll feel so mysteriously There's no better feeling for the home cook than making a dish that comes out just like the version you fell in love with—the real-deal "oh, dang, that is. America is experiencing a pastrami renaissance with soulfully cured, assertively spiced smoked meat turning up at top barbecue joints across the country. If you think to eat killer pastrami you need to visit a landmark deli in Manhattan, you haven't been to Fette Sau BBQ in Brooklyn. This easy smoked pastrami recipe will get you meat that is way better than what you can buy at any deli counter.