Red Wine Braised Shortribs.
You can have Red Wine Braised Shortribs using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Wine Braised Shortribs
- You need 8 of beef short ribs.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 inch of think slice of pancetta diced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 3 of carrots diced.
- You need 2 of shallots diced.
- Prepare 2 cups of red wine.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 sprigs of thyme.
- It’s 2 springs of rosemary.
Red Wine Braised Shortribs instructions
- Salt and pepper ribs then dredge in flour.
- Heath large Dutch oven over medium heat and cook pancetta until crispy.
- Remove pancetta from Dutch oven.
- Brown short ribs four at a time in pancetta fat over high heat. Make sure all sides are browned. Remove from Dutch oven.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add olive oil to Dutch oven. Add onions, carrots, and shallots and cook for 2 min..
- Add broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- Submerge ribs in broth and add rosemary and thyme.
- Place lid over Dutch oven. Cook for two hours at 350 degrees F. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and cook for additional 30-45 min..
- When cooled, place Dutch oven in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (overnight is best).
- After sitting overnight in the fridge, a layer of congealed fat will form on top of the ribs. Skim congealed fat from top and discard.
- Reheat ribs and serve over creamy polenta.