Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken. Authentic Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe is a healthy substitute to storebought sauce that is not loaded with preservatives and refined sugars. This sweet hot sauce is great with chicken and fish. Make the marinade by combining the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce and ginger in a shallow baking dish.
It is sold in bottles and available in Asian food markets, but instead of buying sweet chili sauce, try making this easy recipe. It only takes a few minutes to put together, and you can find everything you need in your pantry or at your local. Making this Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is incredibly easy. You can have Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 3 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Thai sweet chili sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of small orange or tangerine.
- It’s of optional: chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish.
You don't need any special equipment and you don't need to cook it down. Add all of the ingredients I have been using this sweet chili sauce recipe to make different Asian dishes for a while now! You can check out my recipe for Sweet Chili Chicken. This Spicy Sweet Chili Sauce is wicked delicious & super easy to make & very customizable.
Thai Sweet Chili, Soy Sauce & Citrus Chicken step by step
- In a 5 quart or larger pot, place the onions and garlic first. This will keep the chicken skin from sticking to the bottom of the pot..
- Add the chicken, soy sauce, Thai sweet chili sauce, and sugar..
- Then add water and apple cider vinegar..
- Cover, turn heat to medium, and let cook for 15 minutes, stirring once midway..
- If using a tangerine, add the zest of the entire tangerine. If an orange, zest half the orange. Squeeze all the juice of the tangerine or orange into the pot. Turn heat to medium low, cover and simmer another 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken pieces. You'll want to stir two or three times to make sure all the chicken pieces get immersed in the seasoning. The wings I used on this day were from very large birds, so I went the full 30 minutes..
- Uncover, turn the heat to low, and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with chopped green onions and cilantro if you like..
- On this day, I served this chicken with steamed Jasmine rice and Crunchy Soy Slaw. Slaw recipe: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/1775722-firstborns-favorite-crunchy-soy-slaw?via=sidebar-recipes Enjoy!.
It's the perfect condiment for pretty much everything! And one of my absolute favorite dipping sauces is Thai Sweet Chili Sauce! I used to ALWAYS have a bottle of this sauce in my fridge, and use it on pretty. Grill-Roasted Carrots With Sweet Soy Glaze. All products linked here have been independently selected by our editors.