Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker) Delicata Squash Mac & Cheese.
You can cook Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker) Delicata Squash Mac & Cheese by using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can create it:
Ingredients of Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker) Delicata Squash Mac & Cheese
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Delicata or Butternut Squash Puree (about 3 small Delicata Squash).
- It’s 12 oz of Box Penne Pasta.
- It’s 3 cup of Water (+about 1 c more if making squash puree).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie spice.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Curry powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of 1% milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 6 oz of Shredded Cheese (Sharp Cheddar or Mac & Cheese Blend).
Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker) Delicata Squash Mac & Cheese step by step
- To make Delicata squash puree put 1 c of water into the Instant Pot. Add the trivet and put 3 small whole (do not pierce) squashes onto it. Cook on Manual High for 10 minutes, quick releasing the pressure. Allow the squashes to cool. Remove the skin, cut squashes in half and use a fork to scoop out the seeds. Discard skin & seeds. Put the pulp into a food processor. Add Pumpkin Pie Spice and Curry to pulp and blend until smooth. You may have to add a little water to get a smooth consistency..
- Start with clean and dried Instant Pot liner. Add 12 oz box of Penne and enough water to cover pasta (about 3 cups.).
- Cook pasta on manual high 1 minute less than half of the cooking time. For instance, if box directions say boil for 10 minutes-set the IP for 4 minutes. After cooking, do a quick release (watch for water spatter.).
- Open lid and scoop off most of the water, leaving maybe 1/2- 3/4 cup in pot with pasta..
- Add the garlic powder and onion powder to the milk. Stir and then add the mixture to the pot..
- Next add 6 oz of grated cheese and stir until mostly melted..
- Add the squash puree and stir..
- Put the pot on sauté and stir mixture for 3-5 minutes until hot and mixture is smooth..
- Remove liner from pot and allow to cool slightly before serving. Add salt & white or black pepper to taste. Mixture will thicken as it cools..