You can have Onion Powder using 1 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onion Powder
- It’s bunch of Onions.
Onion Powder instructions
- Peel onions..
- ** This step is the blanch method of preparing the onions to dehydrate.** Bring water to a boil. Add the onions to the boiling water. Blanch them for 1 to 2 minutes. Rinse under cold water. Skip to step 4..
- ** This step is the chopped up onion method of preparing the onions to dehydrate.** Chop the onions into very small pieces..
- If using chopped onions, load them on screens in the dehydrator. If using blanched onion ringlets simply load them on the dehydrator trays..
- Dehydrate at 130°F / 54.4C. for 12 to 24 hours, or until fully dehydrated (be sure they are crispy and brittle). ** Onions take a long time, so be sure to check on them, as all dehydrators are different. You may be able to find ways to drasticly cut down the the dehydrating time. **.
- Grind into powder with a grinder or nutribullet (using the milling blade)..
- Load into jars for storage..