Skinny Chili Mac Casserole. This casserole is one your kids are going to beg you to make again and again! It's filled with so many goodies, and using Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta will let you enjoy all of the pasta-deliciousness without feeling bad about it! Casserole Recipes – The BEST Casserole recipes that everyone loves!
Everyone loves a good chili and everyone loves mac and cheese. In the past, I've spiced up your classic mac and cheese with jalapenos and bacon. You can either go straight to eating the super cheesy version sans cheese topping or if you want to go the casserole method, transfer the pasta mix. You can cook Skinny Chili Mac Casserole using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Skinny Chili Mac Casserole
- Prepare 1 cup of Rotini Pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of Lean, Ground Turkey.
- You need 1 small of Onion, Diced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Garlic, Minced.
- It’s 16 oz of Kidney Beans.
- Prepare 14 1/2 oz of Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz of Tomato Paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Taco Seasoning (Or More For Desired Taste).
- It’s 1 cup of Reduced Fat Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Blend in egg, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper, to taste. Serving Tips I like to serve this mac and cheese casserole with a really simple side salad. This chili Mac bake is perfect for any occasion, is made from scratch, and tastes similar to hamburger helper! Except this version is baked in a casserole Essentially, this meal is a combination of a spicy Mac and cheese and a salsa ground beef mixture.
Skinny Chili Mac Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook pasta according to package instructions and add 1 tsp salt to boiling water..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add extra virgin olive oil. Brown onion, minced garlic and turkey for 7-10 minutes until onions have softened and turkey is browned and cooked..
- Add in chili beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, ground cumin and black pepper..
- Stir all ingredients together over low heat..
- After pasta has been cooked and drained, add pasta to turkey and bean mixture..
- Mix all ingredients together with a spoon or spatula, and transfer ingredients to a casserole dish. Sprinkle 1 cup of reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend on top. Bake chili mac in oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly..
- * This dish freezes nicely. To freeze, omit the cheese and baking. After mixing all the ingredients together on stove top, add to a container and freeze. Before serving, thaw mixture, add to casserole dish, top with cheese and bake to heat through..
Like most bakes or casseroles, a lot of the prep. This dolled-up chili mac casserole has a layer of creamy macaroni and cheese, topped with a layer of ground beef chili, more Cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips for crunch. Quick and Easy Recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Find easy to make food recipes best chili mac casserole recipe. Make your casserole ingredients Skinny, and you've got yourself a quick and healthy crowd-pleaser ready to serve in no time at all.