Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing. Miso is a Japanese staple with a slightly salty, pungent flavor. Find it in the international or refrigerated aisle at your grocery store. Arrange on a serving platter, and drizzle with desired amount of miso.
For the karaage I chose No Recipes recipe. To include some vegetables I also made some grilled eggplants with a miso glaze. I had tried this dish before and wasn't satisfied. You can have Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing
- It’s of Eggplant.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- Prepare of Celery.
- You need of Red bell pepper.
- You need of Green onion.
- You need of Vinegar or Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of Miso paste.
- You need of Brown sugar.
- Prepare of Fry.
- You need of Cornstarch.
- You need of Oil.
This Japanese eggplant recipe is all about that umami-rich miso glaze, which you can use on all kinds of root vegetables. I like the idea of baking eggplant because it uses so much less oil than stir frying and steaming makes it too waterlogged. But my family and I didn't like the sauce; there was too much. Combine the miso and vinegar (or vinegar and lime juice) in a small bowl and whisk together.
Eggplant karaage miso vinegar dressing step by step
- Minced the dressing veggies. Sauté the veggies in the fry pan with oil low medium heat.
- Add 2 table spoons of vinegar. Mix it up until veggies soaked and add 1 teaspoon of sugar. And add 2 table spoon of miso. Mix it up.
- Cut eggplant and put in a bowl mix in a 1 cup of cornstarch. Cover eggplant in cornstarch.
- In low medium heat, warm up oil in fry pan and fry eggplant until it’s brown and crispy.
- When your eggplant is fried put in a plate and put the dressing on top and enjoy!.
Add the remaining ingredients and whisk until amalgamated. Whisk miso paste into rice vinegar in a bowl until smooth. Stir honey, ginger, sesame oil, lime juice, and sesame seeds into the vinegar mixture. This roasted miso glazed eggplant recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook eggplant. Miso Glazed Eggplant comes out rich and savory with umami flavors and.