Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken. Mix together the Sauce Thickening ingredients and add to the saucepan. Simmer until it it thickens to a syrup consistency. Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve over rice.
Bring to a boil and cook until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened. Ingredients for Chicken Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe. Cut chicken into medium sized cubes and transfer into a bowl. You can have Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken
- It’s Half of a chicken.
- You need of Juice of 1 small lime.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground coriander (ketumbar).
- It’s 2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 5 of candlenut (kemiri).
- You need 5 of garlic.
- It’s 6 of shallot.
- You need Half of thumb sized ginger.
- You need 1/4 of large onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of large tomato.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf (daun salam).
- You need 2 of cayenne pepper (cabai rawit).
- It’s of Few sprigs of cilantro (daun ketumbar).
- It’s 2 of lemongrass.
- Prepare 200 ml of soy sauce (12-15 tbsp).
- You need 500 ml of vegetable/frying oil.
- You need 100 ml of water.
This recipe for Korean Sweet Soy and Honey Chicken is simple and not time-consuming to make. The great thing about chicken is that it's a truly international food. This meal should taste very familiar to you, but with the addition of spices and sauces traditionally used in Korean cooking. Soy Sauce Chicken or "See Yao Gai" is a quintessential Cantonese favorite, found hanging under heat lamps in many Chinatown restaurant windows.
Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken step by step
- Marinade half a chicken with lime juice, 1 tsp of ground coriander, and 1 tsp of ground pepper for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your seasoning paste by blending candlenuts, garlic cloves, shallots, and ginger together with a help of 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion, tomato, chilli, and cilantro. Crush the lemon grass and tie them into knots.
- Heat the frying oil in a pan and cook the chicken on medium heat until the outer part of each cut is cooked. Don’t let the chicken dry out while frying because we’re going to cook it again with the sauce later.
- Reduce the remaining oil by half and use to cook the seasoning paste on medium heat. Keep stirring while cooking until the paste turns golden. Add the onion and cook again for another minute. Add the bay leaves and the lemon grass.
- Pour the soy sauce onto the pan by circling it onto the outmost part of the pan. Add the ground coriander, salt, and pepper and stir the sauce.
- Now it’s time to cook the chicken again. Coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Close the lid, reduce the heat, and cook the chicken for 30 minutes on low heat, ocassionally flip the chicken..
- Add the water, chilli, and tomato. Don’t forget to taste, you might need to add more salt. Sprinkle the cilantro and cook again for 5-10 minutes until the chicken is perfectly browned.
- Enjoy the chicken!.
You'll find it near the poached chickens, roast ducks, and roast pork. All have their merits, but a Soy Sauce Chicken done right is tough to beat. Sweet soy sauce (Indonesian: kecap manis) is a sweetened aromatic soy sauce, originating in Indonesia, which has a darker color, a viscous syrupy consistency and a molasses-like flavor due to the generous addition of palm sugar. Kecap manis is widely used with satay. This recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken doesn't deep fry, but instead uses a method for creating a delicate, smooth and succulent chicken that goes perfectly with a lighter sweet and sour sauce.