Smashed Vinegar & Salt Crispy Potatoes.
You can have Smashed Vinegar & Salt Crispy Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smashed Vinegar & Salt Crispy Potatoes
- You need 2 lb of small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of salt for water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need as needed of Spray or brushing oil.
- You need as needed of ground black pepper.
- It’s as needed of kosher salt.
Smashed Vinegar & Salt Crispy Potatoes step by step
- Wash potatoes, add them to a pot large enough to boil them in..
- Add 1 cup of white vinegar.
- Add 2 tablespoons salt, cover potatoes with water.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down, cover, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the water, add butter and coat potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 450F, I do this about half way through the boil above. Using a sheet pan, spray, oil or use parchment paper. Dump the potatoes on the sheet pan. Spread them out..
- Using a mug (actually best thing I have found) smash the potatoes to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven, flip each one over, bake 20 more minutes..
- Sprinkle with some more vinegar, I just chose to use a flavored for this step, but white works well..
- Sprinkle with salt, grind a touch of black pepper.
- Serve, shown here with cubed steak and gravy. The potatoes don't need gravy, trust me..