Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling.
You can cook Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling using 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling
- Prepare of FOR CHOCOLATE COOKIES.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 oz of unsalted butter,at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips,I used holiday colored ones.
- It’s of FOR PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- It’s 4 oz of salted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of heavy cream, or any cream you have.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of peppermint extract.
Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Cream Filling instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- MAKE COOKIES.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside..
- In a large bowl beat butter and both sugars until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat in..
- Add flour mixture and mix in well but don't over mix dough is thick.
- Add chocolate chips and mix in.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on prepared pan 2 inches apart.
- Bake about 8 to 10 minutes until just set, This is very important, do NOT over bake or they will become crunchy not chewy when cool. Cool in pan 5 minutes than transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
- MAKE PEPPERMINT CREAM FILLING.
- Beat utter, confectioners sugar, cream and peppermint extract until light and fluffy..
- Divide filling evenly on half of cookies the top with another cookie to make a sandwich..
- To keep filling from sqeezing it when eating I freeze these cookies individually and remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. If serving all at one time refrigerate 1 hour to firm filling up a bit. They freeze great..