Sweet & Sour Pork (Chinese). Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest. The Sweet were also a force to be reckoned with in pure rock music terms too. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott, and drummer.
Among its members were Mick Tucker. You can cook Sweet & Sour Pork (Chinese) by using 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that:
Ingredients of Sweet & Sour Pork (Chinese)
- You need of Pork Prep & Marinade.
- You need of Cubed Pork Loin.
- It’s of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Baking Soda.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Red Food Colouring.
- Prepare of Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Prepare of White Sugar (200g).
- You need of Corn Flour.
- You need of Pinchs Salt.
- It’s of Water (270ml).
- You need of White or Apple Cider Vinigar.
- You need of Soy Sauce.
- It’s of Vegies for Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- It’s of Tbls Minced Garlic.
- You need of cup (1Lge) Carrot – Angle sliced.
- It’s of Onion cut into wedges.
- It’s of cup 3colour Capsicum – thinly sliced.
- It’s of Pinapple Rings cut into pieces.
- You need of Batter & Deepfry Pork.
- You need of Eggs.
- Prepare of Plain Flour.
- Prepare of Oil (Deepfry).
Sweet & Sour Pork (Chinese) step by step
- Pork – Cut & Cube (1 inch sq) and Add into a ziplock bag with the Pork Marinade ingredients. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 3hrs to tenderise the meat..
- Sauce – Add Ingredients into a medium saucepan on high, wisk whilst bringing to the boil. Once boiled it will become clear & thicken. Once this happens remove from stovetop & set aside..
- Fry Vegies & Combine with Sauce – add a splash of peanut/evo Oil into hot frypan/wok. Add Garlic cook off, add Carrots, Capsicum & Onion sweat down a little, then add pineapple. Fry for a minute then add Sweet & Sour Sauce and simmer on low to soften vegies..
- Prep/Batter & Deepfry Pork pces – Heat Oil in Saucepan (350*). Dip pork into egg then cover in flour & repeat! Once all pork pieces are double dipped, add to Medium Heat stovetop, ladle into oil & pre-cook until 3/4 cooked, remove & drain excess oil onto paper towel. Redo pork pieces into Hot oil in batches until all double Deepfried..