Cumin cookies/ Jeera biscuits. Cumin cookies or jeera/zeera (hindi name for cumin) biscuits as we call them in India are ideal for tea time. Little sweet and little salty, I love Basically in India we call these "biscuits" and not cookies. Biscuits are supposed to be crunchy and crispy, on the other hand cookies in USA are soft and. some indian variations to the popular cookie variation and jeera biscuits recipes is one such simple and easy recipe. cherry and even mixed nuts like cashews, almonds and walnuts can be added. i have limited myself to cumin so that it remains authentic with cumin flavour. lastly, these cumin.
Made with whole wheat flour Let the cookies come down at room temperature. They are very soft in texture as soon as they come out of the oven. Jeera biscuit or cumin cookies are. You can have Cumin cookies/ Jeera biscuits using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cumin cookies/ Jeera biscuits
- It’s 100 gms of dry roasted cumin seeds.
- It’s 150 gms of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbspn of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbspn of sugar granulated.
- Prepare 125 gms of unsalted butter melted.
- It’s 1 of tspn baking soda.
- Prepare 1.5 tbspn of baking powder.
- You need 2 tbspn of plain milk at room temperature.
These Jeera biscuits aka Eggless Roasted Cumin Cookies are a perfect balance of lightly sweet and mildly salty flavors. They are crispy, crunchy and Last weekend we made this Indian bakery style 'Roasted Cumin Cookies' aka 'Jeera Biscuits'. These are eggless Indian cookies which I grew up. Indian Jeera Biscuits or Cumin cookies are salted biscuits crispy and crunchy biscuits perfect for tea time snacks.
Cumin cookies/ Jeera biscuits step by step
- Place the butter in a mixing bowl and dissolve the sugar in it well till both combine.
- Now swiftly add the flour bit by bit to combine well.
- Throw in the cumin seeds, salt, baking powder and soda and mix with hand or a spoon to form a crumbled mix.
- Now add the milk bit by bit to knead a stiff dough.
- Roll the dough thin in circular/rectangular shape with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut out pieces of cookies using a knife or cookie cutters in desired shapes.
- Align a baking sheet on a baking tray and place the cookies keeping a two finger distance between each.
- Bake till brown and crisp at 200 degree celcius for 10-15 minutes.
- Let cool and store airtight box.
- Enjoy the cumin cookies with a piping hot tea/coffee.
- Tips:These are salted cookies, hence less sugar is used. You can even choose to go sugar free if desired.
- Tips: Increase the quantity of cumin seeds if desired.
- Tips: These are crunchy and slightly hard cookies. Hence less milk is needed to knead the dough. Make sure the milk used is either cold or at room temperature.
By now you all might know that I am a big time cookie junkie. I am a sucker for biscuits or cookies that goes perfectly well with my evening tea. Jeera Biscuits for your tea time!! These cookies are egg-free and very crisp. Jeera Biscuit- Delicious Crisp Cumin flavored bakery style biscuits.