Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine.
You can cook Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine
- Prepare 40 g of butter.
- It’s 1 kg of chicken breast, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 400 g of mushrooms, diced chunky.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic, crushed.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 1 cup of cheese, grated.
- You need 150 ml of thick cream.
- You need 100 g of spinach, baby.
- You need 400 g of fettucine.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine step by step
- Prepare a large pot with water and place over a high heat to boil ready for your pasta..
- In your frypan: add the butter, onion, garlic and mushroom on a medium heat. Allow this to sautÃ© for about 10 minutes depending on how cooked you prefer your mushrooms..
- Add chicken tenderloins or pieces, leaving until just cooked..
- Around now your water should be boiling and you can add the pasta to the water..
- Move the chicken, onion and mushrooms to one side of the pan, and add flour to the butter already in the pan (you may need to add some additional butter), mixing flour with butter until it bubbles..
- Turn off heat and slowly add milk, stirring with the back of a spoon to combine flour and milk..
- Return to a low heat, stirring while sauce thickens.Add cheese and mix through, then add the cream and mix through..
- Add baby spinach leaves, and leave on a low heat for about 5 minutes to allow leaves to wilt, stirring occasionally..
- Test pasta to ensure it is cooked "firm but soft" and drain..
- Serve your chicken and sauce over pasta..