You can have Peppermint Pinkies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peppermint Pinkies
- It’s 1 cup of Butter, do not substitute.
- You need 1/2 cup of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Peppermint extract.
- You need 4 each of Drops of red food coloring.
- Prepare 2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cream or milk.
Peppermint Pinkies instructions
- Beat the butter, powdered sugar, salt, coloring & peppermint extract..
- Mix in the flour. Using hands to form a cohesive dough ball..
- Cut the dough into 4 equal parts..
- Roll each quarter of the dough into a 12 inch rope and place on a cookie sheet..
- Make an indentation down the center of each piece, but be careful not to go to the bottom..
- Bake the cookies at 325 for 20 minutes. Do not let brown..
- While cookies are baking, mix the filling and place in a piping bag or ziplock bag and have ready for when the cookies are done..
- Let cookies cool for only a minute or 2, then pipe the filling evenly down the center well of each piece..
- Let cookies cool completely on the pan and cut into equal size pieces..