Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. Well, yes – but that honestly depends on your diet and nutrition goals. I've listed the nutrition under the recipe card, but briefly – bean soup is a great source. Coat inside of slow cooker with cooking spray or olive oil.
These slow cooker baked beans cook low and slow for six to eight hours. After six hours, begin tasting the beans for doneness and go ahead and add the salt. Not all slow cookers cook the same so cooking time might vary. You can cook Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Prepare of Optional 👇.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Prepare of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- You need of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- You need of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
That's it and dinner is ready! This soup was a big hit at our house. Can't beat a slow cooker for sure. Affordable Meals for the Whole Family.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta step by step
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
Whether you work outside of the home or at home, the slow cooker is an excellent way to cook beans. This salad serves a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or picnic. We have been eating a lot of beans around here! My friends at Hurst's Beans sent me a bunch of different beans to try and my kids have suddenly fallen in love with them! Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef!