Roasted feta with Cava, thyme, blueberry compote and glass candy with toasted fennel and pecans. Are roasted and toasted pecans the same thing? Technically you can use the terms interchangeably for nuts but roasting actually means taking a raw If you look in my freezer you will see my ziptop bags full of toasted pecans and other, buttered, and salted nuts. When I am planning on toasting a.
Serve the wedges with the Pulled pork wraps. Fennel, also known as sweet anise, is most commonly served raw, usually sliced very thinly and tossed with a bright dressing as a salad or added to green salads for a bit of extra crunch and light anise flavor. Roasting this bright bulb softens its crunchy nature and turns it meltingly tender. You can have Roasted feta with Cava, thyme, blueberry compote and glass candy with toasted fennel and pecans using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted feta with Cava, thyme, blueberry compote and glass candy with toasted fennel and pecans
- You need of Blueberry compote.
- Prepare 2 pints of blueberry.
- Prepare 1 stick of fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sea salt.
- You need 2 cup of Cava.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s of Glass candy.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of toasted fennel.
- You need 2 tbsp of chopped pecans.
- It’s 1 pinch of sea salt.
- It’s of Roasted feta.
- You need 12 oz of feta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Chicken, Imperfect Pick Mango & Avo Tacos. Roasted Salmon and Cherry Tomatoes with Fennel and Cabbage Salad. Smokey Eggplant with Feta on Toast. Nut Butter and Chia Jam on Toast.
Roasted feta with Cava, thyme, blueberry compote and glass candy with toasted fennel and pecans step by step
- Glass candy melt sugar around 300. DO not over stir! once melted, quickly pour over silpat..
- once melted sugar is spread out over silpat, evenly sprinkle salt, pecans and toasted fennel seeds over the hot sugar. let cool. once cooled hit the candy with a hammer, breaking the glass.
- blueberry compote place blueberries, cava, sugar, lemon zest, thyme and salt in a suace pot reduce on Med high by 2/3s remove from heat and let cool.
- Roasted feta cut brick of feta in fourths and brush with olive oil..
- place feta under broiler in oven till golden brown..
- once Feta is ready place about 2 or 3 tablespoons of compote over the feta. garnish with a few shards of the glass candy and a sprig of fresh thyme.
This Cranberry Kale Quinoa Salad with Candied Pecans and Feta is delicious! Tender massaged kale is topped with broccoli, cranberries, feta, candied pecans, and quinoa are tossed in a super simple vinaigrette for a healthy vegetarian salad that will totally rock your plate. Savory ingredients like rosemary, thyme, and cracked black pepper are combined with pecans and a little bit of sugar to create a sweet-and-savory snack for the ages. Packed with sweet dried cherries, sharp chopped scallions, fresh parsley, tangy lemon juice, crunchy toasted pecans, and crumbly feta cheese, the farro salad recipe is completed by a drizzle of olive oil that unites the multiple flavors into one side dish you won't be able to stop scooping. Most candied pecan recipes I've seen call for making them in the oven, but something about that feels a bit too fussy and long to me.