Fettuccine Alfredo. Fettuccine Alfredo (Italian pronunciation: [fettut'tʃiːne alˈfreːdo]) or fettuccine al burro (fettuccine with butter) is an Italian pasta dish of fresh fettuccine tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese (Italian: pasta al burro e parmigiano). The "Alfredo" in fettuccine Alfredo is Alfredo di Lelio who operated a restaurant in Rome. I present both Fettuccine Alfredo versions here — the classic and the creamy.
Real alfredo should never (never!) include cream; the silky sauce is the result of an emulsion between the grated cheese, melted butter, and starchy pasta water. Fettuccine pasta tastes its best when served in a rich, creamy Parmesan cheese sauce made with real cream and butter. All Reviews for To Die For Fettuccine Alfredo. You can cook Fettuccine Alfredo using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fettuccine Alfredo
- Prepare 250 g of fettucine, pasta.
- Prepare 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated.
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need of black pepper to taste.
This Family Favorite Recipe Includes Fettuccine, Garlic, Parmesan. The only Fettuccine alfredo recipe you'll ever need! Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most basic and delicious pasta recipes EVER—and it couldn't be What is Fettuccine Alfredo? Fettuccine Alfredo, made with a rich, creamy, garlic-infused parmesan sauce and tender homemade pasta, is comfort food at it's finest!
Fettuccine Alfredo step by step
- Cook the fettuccine pasta as instructed on package. Drain and set aside..
- In a large saucepan heat butter until it melts, then add in garlic and stir over medium heat for 1 minute..
- Pour over ½ cup of heavy cream and stir for about 4 minutes..
- Add in the fettucine pasta, the remaining heavy cream and Parmesan cheese and mix until smooth. Flavor with salt and pepper..
- To serve, place the pasta in a serving dish and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese if desired..
This decadent meal can be served on it's own. Fettuccine Alfredo is one of my favorite dishes to order when I go to a restaurant. There's something really special about enjoying a plate full dreamy creamy pasta laden with cheese. The Fettuccine Alfredo sauce has gotten richer over the years, picking up cheese and cream If this fettuccine recipe has inspired you to try more, you'll find more in Betty's best alfredo recipes collection. This fettuccine alfredo will be your new favorite pasta recipe because it's easy to make and insanely delicious.