Southern skillet Cornbread. Our Southern Skillet Cornbread recipe is so good, your friends and family will eat every last While others try to steal the title of the best homemade cornbread recipe, the South will always remain the. Skillet cornbread is a southern staple. Baked in a preheated, sizzling hot oiled cast iron skillet, it produces a beautiful crunchy crust on the bottom, and that is what makes it so unique.
Southern-style cornbread rarely contains sugar, though some regions and many. Southern skillet cornbread is a staple in our house. I will show you my method for made-from-scratch cornbread cooked in a cast iron skillet. You can have Southern skillet Cornbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southern skillet Cornbread
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 can of cream style corn.
- You need 2 of Jalapeños seeded and minced…..(optional).
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter. (1 stick).
- You need 1/4 cup of bacon grease (or additional butter).
This is one of my existing recipes that I am refreshing with. Nothing beats warm cornbread spread with butter in a cast iron skillet! … Recipe: Cast Iron Skillet Southern Corn Bread. Keywords: Skillet Cornbread Recipe, made from scratch, cast iron skillet, House Autry, buttermilk cornbread, southern recipes. Southern Skillet Cornbread is a savory, southern staple, made with browned butter in a cast iron skillet for gorgeous, crunchy edges.
Southern skillet Cornbread instructions
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place a 10-inch cast iron skillet on the center rack of the oven..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, corn, eggs and jalapeños. Slowly whisk in the butter. Whisk the buttermilk mixture into the cornmeal mixture until just combined. Add the bacon grease to the hot cast iron skillet and swirl to make sure entire bottom of the skillet is coated. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, smoothing the top into an even layer..
- While the oven is heating, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk.
- . Bake until the cornbread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, slice into wedges and serve hot..
Traditional Southern cornbread relies on coarser cornmeal than in the Northern variety, and little Put the skillet in the oven to preheat. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda. I am sharing this recipe for my irresistible Buttermilk Cornbread that has been perfected, over the generations, by using hand-me-down cast iron skillets. Our Southern Skillet Cornbread Recipe: AKA PERFECT Cornbread. This recipe for Southern Skillet Cornbread was originally a dear friend's mother's signature recipe.