The perfect onion rings. Are onion rings fast food's most underrated dish? Do you like them big and battery or thin and crunchy – and does anyone actually like them squashed on top of a burger? Photograph: Felicity Cloake for the Guardian.
I used a gallon ziploc to shake the onion slices with the Perfect companion to these excellent onion rings. Edit – I made these again and they are still delicious. However I got a new electric skillet and it. You can have The perfect onion rings using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of The perfect onion rings
- It’s 1 of purple onion cut into 1/4” rings.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of zatarans fish fry or bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
Perfect onion rings for me may not be the perfect onion ring for you. Generally a good onion ring requires a few steps. This gives you the strongest flavor in the ring. Do not cut the slices of onion too thin.
The perfect onion rings instructions
- Heat oil to 375. Mix flour, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika and dust each slice of onion with it and set on a plate..
- Now beat the egg in a separate bowl and add the milk to the bowl with the flour and spices..
- Dip the onion rings into the milk/flour batter and then into the fish breading or breadcrumb. Fry 2-3 minutes until golden brown and crispy..
Dust the rings with flour making certain they are well coated everywhere. Best onion rings recipe – these onion rings are so crispy, juicy and addictive. They will stay crispy not only after frying but for a long time. This is also a great recipe for the Air Fryer. If you haven't gotten an air fryer, pick one up, the results are amazing.