Better Than Boxed Stovetop Mac and Cheese.
You can have Better Than Boxed Stovetop Mac and Cheese using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Better Than Boxed Stovetop Mac and Cheese
- You need 16 oz of cavatappi macaroni.
- It’s 1/2 cup of powdered cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of whole milk.
Better Than Boxed Stovetop Mac and Cheese instructions
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the cavatappi to al dente. Drain, rinse in cold water, and set aside..
- In the same pan as before, melt the butter on low heat, and mix in the flour, then cheese, then salt, pepper, and then, slowly, milk..
- Make sure that you don't ever flood the mixture with milk, which causes lumps. Only add more of the milk as the mixture thickens and incorporates the previous small dose of milk..
- Incorporate the pasta into the sauce, and mix thoroughly. Serve..