Blue cheese and greens quick pasta. The green factor is not crucial, but since this came about because I happened upon some spinach-dyed stubby coils of trottole—the pasta shape named after its supposed Serendipity is only part of the story: I have also always had a thing about pasta and blue cheese, both separately and in conjunction. Green beans are sauteed in bacon fat, then tossed with toasted nuts and crumbled blue cheese. Very rich and quite fattening, but great for holidays!
You can also top this with salmon, chicken, crumbled bacon or tomatoes. Wisk in blue and parmesan cheeses. Sauce will thicken a bit upon standing. You can cook Blue cheese and greens quick pasta using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Blue cheese and greens quick pasta
- You need 100 g of pasta/person – ideally pasta with wholes in it such as penne, conchiglie, maccheroni etc so that it holds the sauce.
- Prepare 1 packet of Gorgonzola or dolce latte.
- You need 1 packet of greens – here I used rainbow chards but it can be spinach, cabbage etc.
- Prepare 1 handful of Parmesan.
Pasta with bacon & cranberry Wensleydale. Follow the above recipe using a thinly sliced red onion this time. It's very delicious with pepper, walnuts, baby greens, and tomatoes! Lightly wilted arugula lends a fresh, green, peppery flavor to this quick pasta recipe.
Blue cheese and greens quick pasta step by step
- Start by bringing water to boil for the pasta with just half a handful of rock salt in it and nothing else.
- In a pan with some butter cook the chard on medium heat until the leaves are soft. I put a tiny bit of water in the lid of the pan and close it so that the steam helps the leaves cooking.
- When the pasta is couple of minutes away from being ready chop the dolce latte or Gorgonzola in small pieces and add them to the chard. Turn the heat to its minimum setting and let the cheese melt. If it looks not creamy enough add a dash of milk.
- When the pasta is ready drain it and add it to the pan and stir altogether. You can add the Parmesan for added cheesiness.
Add the pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions. Drain quickly, keeping a little of the water in the pasta, put it back in the pan Season well and grate in a little fresh nutmeg, if using, then add crumbled blue cheese. Put in a bowl and sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts. Photo about Closeup shot of blue cheese and raw spaghetti on a green background. Blue Cheese Pasta is tender, juicy Gulf shrimp mixed with a decadent blue cheese and lime juice sauce over yummy pasta covered with parmesan cheese.