Old Fashioned German Apple Cake.
You can cook Old Fashioned German Apple Cake using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned German Apple Cake
- You need 4 cups of apples, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need To taste of Cinnamon and nutmeg, for topping.
- It’s of Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- Prepare 8 oz. of pkg cream cheese, softened.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of butter, melted.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
Old Fashioned German Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixer beat together sugar, oil and eggs..
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in separate bowl..
- Slowly incorporate into mixer of wet ingredients..
- Fold in the chopped apples..
- Place cake mixture into a greased 9×13 dish..
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon and nutmeg..
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before making frosting..
- Once cake has cooled completely, make your frosting by adding the cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to mixer until well combined..
- Spread evenly over cake..