White Chocolate Mint Chip Mousse.
You can cook White Chocolate Mint Chip Mousse using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Chocolate Mint Chip Mousse
- You need 1 of FOR MOUSSE.
- It’s 12 oz of premium white chocolate, I used Lindt White chocolate bars, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pure peppermint extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of mini semi sweet chocolate chips.
- It’s 1 of FOR CHOVOLATE RIMMED GLASSES.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, I used Hershey's special dark.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk, any type you have.
- It’s 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- It’s 6 small of chocolate mint candies, I used Andes Mints.
- You need 6 of White Chocolate Truffles, used Lindor brand.
White Chocolate Mint Chip Mousse step by step
- TO MAKE CHOCOLATE RIMMED GLASSES.
- Place cocoa powder on a small plate. Place milk on another plate. Dip top of your glass first in milk to moisten rim then dip in cocoa and turn gently to frost rim with cocoa. Place in refigerator while preparing mousse..
- TO MAKE MOUSSE.
- Place chopped white chocolate in heat proof bowl..
- Take 3/4 cup of the heavy cream and heat it just until hot, not boiling, either on stove top or in microwave. Pour hot cream over chopped white chocolate and whisk until smooth. Add peppermint extract and whisk in. Cool completely to room temperature, about 1 hour..
- When chocolate mixture has cooled whip remaining cream in a large chilled bowl until it has firm peaks. Fold white chocolate mixture in gently in to combine, fold in chocolate chips as well..
- Spoon into prepared chocolate rimmed glasses. Top each glass with a mint chocolate candy and a white truffle. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving..