Gorgonzola Fettuccine With Spinach And Bacon.
You can have Gorgonzola Fettuccine With Spinach And Bacon using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gorgonzola Fettuccine With Spinach And Bacon
- Prepare of gorgonzola sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 cup of warmed whole milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of pasta.
- Prepare 1 lb of dried fettuccine.
- Prepare 8 of stripes of thick cut bacon.
- Prepare 2 cup of fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and dried.
Gorgonzola Fettuccine With Spinach And Bacon step by step
- Start by cooking your bacon stripes. Cook until lightly crisp but still a bit chewy. Set cooked bacon aside..
- Start Your fettuccini. In a large stock pot add 5 quarts hot water and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a rolling boil..
- Add fettuccini and stir, let cook in boiling water for 15-18 minutes until cooked..
- While the pasta is cooking, start the sauce. In a large deep sided pan, add butter and melt it over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute, constantly whisking..
- Add in warm milk and whisk until a smooth sauce appears. Bring this to a soft boil whisking slowly so bottom doesn't burn. Cook until thickened..
- Gently whisk in both cheeses. Whisk and cook until a creamy sauce forms. If sauce is too thick you can add a 1/4 warm milk at a time until desired thickness..
- Remove from heat, taste. Add pepper and salt if you feel it's needed. Both cheeses are salty. You can add the full amount called for or just to taste..
- When pasta is cooked, drain it and add sauce to pasta in the large pot. Immediately add the fresh spinach. Mix well..
- Add two crumbled cooked bacon pieces to top each portion..
- Serve immediately!.
- Recipe by taylor68too..