Courgettes with Chilli and Mint. Toss the courgette strips in a bowl with the olive oil (just enough to coat the courgette), chilli, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat a griddle pan to medium. Instructions Add a splash of olive oil to a frying pan and gently cook the courgettes until charring.
Serve with other Mediterranean Delicacies items such as olives and hummus with. Cooked courgettes can be mushy and disappointing, but using them raw and marinated like this turns them into something completely different. A stunningly crisp and sparkling salad in which to bury nuggets of salty feta. You can have Courgettes with Chilli and Mint using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Courgettes with Chilli and Mint
- It’s 3 of Courgettes.
- You need 1 of red chilli.
- It’s 1/2 bunch of fresh mint.
- It’s dash of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 of garlic oil.
Instead, try this wonderful recipe for courgette with chili, lemon, ricotta & mint. This salad is made from courgettes, otherwise known as zucchini. You'll need a spiralizer to make it, so if you don't have one make sure you check out my article Best Spiralizers. courgette noodles (or wholewheat or gluten-free linguini). shavings of Parmesan cheese, for garnishing. Pea and mint pesto The drier the squid, the crispier the end result.
Courgettes with Chilli and Mint instructions
- Lop the ends off the courgettes and cut them in half. Quarter them lengthways, and remove the seeds from the middle, as they go a bit grainy when cooked. Throw them into a oven dish, skin side up. Slice up a chilli into thin strips and scatter over. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a little garlic oil and stick in the oven at 190c for 20 minutes, turning half way..
- Chop up about 2 tablespoons worth of mint, and mix with a dash of white wine vinegar, just enough to make a pleasant mulch, like a mint sauce, but with added posh..
- Once the courgettes are a little brown and slightly crisp at the edges, remove from the oven, plate up, and drizzle over the mint mixture. Crack over a little more pepper..
Season with the chilli flakes and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over medium-high. For me, this is the nicest way to cook courgettes – slowly, with lashings of garlic, olive oil and mint. You can serve it with almost anything: roast chicken, grilled fish or just brown rice flavoured with lemon juice and plenty of parsley. Look for small courgettes with tight, unblemished skin.