Sweet Spiced Chicken Liver in Dark Soy Sauce. A simple Malay dish which is spicy, sweet, yet delicious. Ayam Kecap Pedas – Chicken in Spicy Sweet Soy SauceDaily Cooking Caramelized Sweet Soy Sauce Chicken Drumsticks – a.k.a. Swiss Sauce ChickenFoodista. chicken, black rice vinegar, chicken drumsticks.
Add the vegetable oil and butter to the pan, and heat until the butter starts to foam. In this traditional Palestinian recipe, chicken livers are cooked in olive oil with bell peppers, onions I added an extra tsp. of soy sauce. I was afraid that allspice will add an unpleasant taste but it all I think tender pieces of beef or cut up dark chicken meat would have been better. You can have Sweet Spiced Chicken Liver in Dark Soy Sauce using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Spiced Chicken Liver in Dark Soy Sauce
- It’s of A. Boiled & drained.
- It’s 300-350 g of boiled chicken liver.
- Prepare of B. Sauté until fragrant.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely julienned ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of lemon grass – bruised.
- Prepare 1 of star anise.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of (or more) small chillies – bruised.
- Prepare of C. Seasoning.
- You need 1/4 C of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of corn starch (opt).
- You need Dash of ground pepper.
- It’s of Note: Add finely chop oriental corriander at the end.
- Prepare of only for those who love this herb 😉.
Ayam kecap pedas is an Indonesian take on Chinese chicken in ginger and soy sauce. In this Indonesian version, the sauce is made with kecap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce) and the spice paste is a mix of chili, ginger, shallot, garlic, and candlenut. The sauce is great to use for fried rice, as is the chicken. Just stir fry onions and garlic, add diced vegetables.
Sweet Spiced Chicken Liver in Dark Soy Sauce step by step
- Prepare all ingredients. chicken livers are cleaned, boiled, drained and keep aside..
- Sauté B until fragrant. Add in A (chicken liver) and stir for a minute or two over medium low heat. Next, season with C. Adjust seasoning accordingly. Add few more tbsp of water if necessary for some extra gravy/sauce (opt). Stir to evenly coat the liver. Remove from the heat..
- Garnish and serve with warm white rice..
The liver is rubbed with turmeric, coriander and salt before being stir fried and the thick sweet soy known as kecap manis being added. Heat oil in frypan and saute the onions until soft. Add the liver and stir-fry for a few minutes. Stir from time to time until the sauce thickens. This homemade soy sauce chicken has silky tender meat with a deep savory flavor.