You can have Fennel Bisque using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fennel Bisque
- You need 8 of large Prawn/langoustine shells.
- It’s 1 of fennel head.
- You need 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 stick of celery.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s to taste of Cream.
- Prepare 100 g of Butter.
- You need of Brandy.
- It’s of White wine.
- You need of For mayonnaise:.
- It’s 2 of eggs yolks.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Lemon juice.
- Prepare to taste of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of saffron.
- It’s 1 clove of finely grated garlic (optional).
Fennel Bisque instructions
- If poaching the shellfish for separate meal reserve cooking water. Heat water until gently bubbling. Melt butter in shallow pan and fry shells until aromatic (a couple of minutes). Add shells to water with whole celery and carrot..
- Deglaze frying pan with white wine then add onion, fennel and garlic until softened. Then add to the stock and allow to cook down for 1 hour..
- Meanwhile make mayonnaise. Very slowly whisk olive oil into egg yolk so as not to curdle it. Add about 4x oil to egg yolk. Grind saffron to a powder and add to the mayonnaise. Then add lemon, vinegar salt and pepper to taste and garlic is desired. Store in fridge until serving..
- Add stock to blender (remove carrot unless sweeter broth is desired). Then strain through cheese cloth and sieve. Heat brandy to drive off alcohol and then add strained stock to pan. Add cream, lemon juice and paprika to taste. Serve with toast and mayonnaise..