Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad.
You can cook Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad
- It’s of Salt and Black Pepper.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sunflower oil.
- You need 3 of medium courgettes cut in 1/4 inch slices (slightly diagonal).
- It’s 1 1/2 of tbsps red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of edamame beans or peas (frozen).
- It’s 2 cups of basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley leaves.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 9 oz of pasta (penne or strozzapreti).
- It’s of Zest of one lemon.
- You need 1 1/2 of tbsps capers.
- You need 7 oz of buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks.
Ottolenghi's Pasta and Fried Courgette Salad step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil..
- While you’re waiting, in a medium saucepan or skillet, heat sunflower oil over medium-high heat. Fry zucchini slices in batches for about 3 to 4 minutes, flipping once, until golden on both sides. [If your zucchini isn’t browning right away, bump up the heat until it does in just a few minutes.] Drain in colander, shaking with a couple pinches of salt, then transfer to a large bowl and pour vinegar on top. Set aside..
- In the hot water, cook edamame for 3 minutes, frozen peas for 3 to 4 minutes, or fresh peas for 1 to 2 minutes (to taste). Drain and run cool water over until lukewarm. Set aside to dry. Leave pot boiling, then cook pasta until al dente in it. Drain and rinse under cold water..
- Combine half of basil and all of the parsley and olive oil in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, then season with salt and pepper..
- Transfer pasta back to empty pot. Add fried zucchini and any juices, basil-parsley oil, edamame or peas, lemon zest, capers and mozzarella. Stir gently together, then season generously with salt and pepper. Right before you serve it, stir in remaining basil leaves..