Fennel salad. This fennel salad recipe is an antidote to every side salad that ever was. Instead of meh greens, it's Instead of meh greens, it's got shavings of fennel that bend and twist but keep their refreshing crunch. This fennel salad is a classic combination – thinly shaved fennel, lemon dressing and shaved parmesan.
The fresh crisp light flavor is a delight. I saved some for the end of. A bright and tangy salad cuts the heaviness of the typical Thanksgiving meal This one, with fennel, celery, apples and toasted Fennel-Apple Salad With Walnuts. You can have Fennel salad using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fennel salad
- You need 1 cup of thinly sliced fennel, I used bulb and some of the stems.
- It’s 3 cups of thinly sliced Iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 3 ounces of Genoa salami.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2/3 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 of diced apples, I used red delicious apples.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of saffron infused oil, see my recipe with same name.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dill weed.
- You need to taste of whole leaf oregano.
- You need to taste of basil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- You need to taste of ground black pepper.
- You need to taste of your favorite salad dressing, I used apple cider vinaigrette by Kens Steakhouse.
- You need 2/3 cup of green stuffed olives.
- You need 1/2 cup of pinenuts.
This fennel salad recipe is a celebration of very simple ingredients and preparation, allowing the flavor and crunch of fennel to shine. I particularly enjoy this simple side salad with seafood and with pork. Fennel slaw salad with thinly sliced fennel bulb and a fresh mint vinaigrette. Eugenia Bone, prolific home cook, writer and author of Well-Preserved, serves this simple green salad with a cheese plate and plenty of rustic bread.
Fennel salad instructions
- Slice the salami thinly. Add lemon juice to fennel and apples to keep from turning colors..
- Mix all the ingredients. Dress with your favorite salad dressing.
- Toast the pine nuts. Add them as topping..
- Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
This popular Sicilian salad is made with blood oranges when they are in season, but navel oranges Drain the sliced onion and toss it with the fennel. Put the fennel and onion in a shallow salad bowl or. Place the sliced fennel in a salad bowl. Very finely slice the fennel bulbs lengthways (a mandolin makes this easier). Cut the celery stalks into thin matchsticks.