Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel. Red-orange kuri squash has a pumpkin shape, but no ridges. Its flavor is sweet and nutty, reminiscent of chestnuts. Discard the bay leaf from the soup.
When winter squash season arrives, it's easy to feel intimidated by all of the strange shaped gourds ranging in color from green to yellow and bright fiery orange. Earlier today I mentioned my favorite pumpkin: the creamy, chestnut-sweet Red Kuri squash. I think that squash soups are frequently undersalted, and they also need a bit of roasting or something else dark to bring out their. You can cook Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel
- Prepare 4 cups of cubed red kuri squash, peeled.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of marjoram, dry.
- It’s 1 of medium fennel bulb, cored and sliced.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of evoo.
Just roast the squash and blend it with ginger, curry, and lemongrass to make creamy vegan comfort food. This creamy curried squash soup comes together in two easy steps: roast & blend! Made with coconut milk and plenty of veggies, it's totally vegan. Roasted butternut squash, fresh fennel, onions, and garlic are blended with spices, marmalade, and cream for a deliciously decadent soup that's the perfect starter for your holiday feast!
Instant pot Red Kuri Squash Soup with roasted fennel step by step
- Heat oven to 375..
- Heat IP on saute. Saute diced onion in EVOO until tender.
- Press cancel.
- Add cubed squash, water, bay leaf, marjoram, salt, and pepper..
- Close the lid and vent to seal. Cook high pressure for 15 minutes..
- Meanwhile, toss sliced fennel with EVOO and salt & pepper. Place on baking sheet..
- Roast fennel for 20 min, stirring halfway through..
- Once Instant Pot finishes, quick pressure release. Remove the bay leaf..
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup..
- Serve, and garnish with roasted fennel..
My favorite way to garnish the soup is to whip up additional heavy cream until soft peaks form, then top each bowl with a. Red kuri squash may look like a pumpkin but it's nutty, pronounced flavor makes it perfect for standing on it's own. Like the delicata, you can also eat Swap it out: I know that you might not be able to find the red kuri squash in your area but this recipe works well with acorn squash (another of my favorite. Roasted Dairy Free Red Kuri Squash Soup. This butternut squash and red lentil curry works out perfectly for every meal.