Orange Chicken – Instant Pot. Instant Pot Orange Chicken is healthier than takeout and easy to make using your Instant Pot. Forget about takeout, this easy Chinese dinner made with easy to find ingredients is so. The Orange Chicken Dish at the Asian Restaurants is delicious.
Instant Pot Orange Chicken with a sweet and sticky orange sauce and fluffy rice. This orange chicken recipe is easy to make and everything cooks at once in your Instant Pot – even the rice! If you love the flavors in orange chicken, you'll also enjoy my Slow Cooker Orange Chicken and Chicken. You can have Orange Chicken – Instant Pot using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Chicken – Instant Pot
- Prepare 2 lbs of chicken breast cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1/4 c of orange juice.
- You need 1/3 of White or yellow onion chopped large.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 c of orange juice.
- It’s 1 of tbps hot sauce or taco sauce.
- It’s 1 of tbps white wine.
- Prepare 1/3-1/2 c of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 c of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of curry and ginger powder mixed as you see fit.
- You need 1/4 c of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 c of brown sugar.
- You need of Orange zest.
- Prepare of thickener.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of orange juice.
- It’s of garnish.
- You need 1/2 c of cashews.
- You need of Green onion – chopped.
- It’s of Orange zest.
- Prepare of rice.
- Prepare of Make some white rice or brown rice or a rice packet.
- You need of Enough rice to be happy.
This fast and easy Instant Pot orange chicken is a lifesaver on a busy day. Bright and fresh orange flavors are combined with Asian flavors to make this perennial take-out favorite at home. Combine chicken, BBQ sauce, orange juice and soy sauce in the pot and stir to combine. Secure the lid, making sure the vent is closed.
Orange Chicken – Instant Pot instructions
- Dry chicken breasts with paper towels, make them dry. Don't skip this. Chop chicken into 1-2in chunks..
- Turn instant pot to saute on high (more). When it is at Hot, add the oil, chopped onion and chopped chicken. Stir constantly until chicken is just browned on all sides..
- Add the 1/4c orange juice and deglaze the pot with a wooden spoon. When done, cancel the instant pot..
- Add the sauce ingredients to sauteed chicken. Add everything under sauce section and stir until combined and over all chicken pieces..
- Manual pressure cook for 6 minutes. Natural release 10-12 minutes. While your waiting, make the thickener… Mix the cornstarch and orange juice until all clumps are gone. More cornstarch equals thicker sauce..
- Release the pressure and turn back on saute mode (low or normal now). Add the cashews from garnish section. Slowly mix in thickener slurry and stir while cooking for 2-3 minutes until sauce is thick..
- Turn off instant pot. Let sit for 5-7 minutes..
- Spoon over there rice and add green onion and zest as final garnish when serving. Enjoy it inside your face..
Using the display panel select the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK function*. Set your Instant Pot to Sauté on high heat by pressing “SAUTE” button. I like to brown the chicken in three batches, not to overcrowd the pot. Also, you can sprinkle some sesame seeds and green onions on top. Enjoy your delicious quick and easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken!