Cream of Fennel. Get the recipe for Cream of Fennel Soup »Vanessa Rees. This rich, smooth soup highlights and balances the gentle flavors of fennel and leek with spices and a bracing addition of Pernod. And then proceeded to wax poetic about their experience with it.
Add fennel, onion, garlic and fennel seeds and sauté, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to Serve hot topped with fennel fronds, extra cream and a crack of black peppercorns with buttered. Be the first to review this recipe. While broth is heating, prepare fennel and onion. You can have Cream of Fennel using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cream of Fennel
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of minced fennel.
- It’s 4 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour, all purpose.
- It’s 2 cup of cream.
Cut tops off fennel, reserving a few of the best fronds. Fennel may cause photodermatitis, contact dermatitis, and cross reactions. The oil may induce reactions, such as hallucinations and seizures. Four case reports of premature thelarche.
Cream of Fennel step by step
- place the fennel in a large sauce pan cover with the chicken stock, simmer for 30 minutes.
- strain reserving the liquid and fennel.
- puree the fennel in a food processor or through a food mill.
- return the fennel to the broth.
- on a small sauce pan heat the butter and add the flour, cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- add the cream and cook into a thick sauce.
- whip the into the soup.
- reheat to very hot.
Fennel Essential Oil Benefits include: Digestion, Lactation, Anti-fungal, Antibacterial, Mental Focus Fennel has been highly prized for centuries where it has been used in both cooking and traditional. Looking for a instructional video on How To Prepare Cream Of Fennel Soup? This extremely helpful instructional video explains accurately how it's done. More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of fennel for these uses. Fennel is a perennial, pleasant-smelling herb with yellow flowers.