Tomato, Caramelised Onions & Feta Tart.
You can cook Tomato, Caramelised Onions & Feta Tart using 23 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato, Caramelised Onions & Feta Tart
- You need 300 grm of yellow onion,finely sliced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp +extra of olive oil,to drizzle over the tart.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- You need 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese grated.
- Prepare 2-3 of tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 75 grm of feta cheese ,cut into cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of sliced black olives.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of coarse sea salt.
- You need to taste of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare of Ingredients for the pastry crust.
- You need 300 grm of all purpose flour.
- You need 100 grm of cold butter cubed.
- It’s 50 grm of sharp cheddor cheese, grated.
- It’s 60 grm of parmesan cheese grated.
- It’s 1 of egg lightly beaten.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried basil leaves.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of iced water,approximately.
Tomato, Caramelised Onions & Feta Tart instructions
- For the pastry crust — In a bowl add flour mcheddor cheese, parmesan cheese,basil, paprika and salt,mix well.
- Add butter cubes and using finger tips mix into the flour untl a sand like consistency is reached.
- Add beaten eggs,cold water as required and gently bring it together slightly.Tip onto a clean floured surface.
- Gently bring the dough together untilit forms a rough ball..
- Flatten the dough slightly into a disc..
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour..
- For the tart topping– In a nonstick skillet add olive oil and butter.Add the sliced onions,sugar and dried basil, saute on medium heat until the onions soften,caramalise and turn sticky.Remove the onions in a bowl..
- To the onions add garlic powder,bread crumbs,parmesan cheese,salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients together..
- Remove the pastry crust from the refrigerator and roll to the size of a tart pan(9").
- Spread the onion bread crumb mixtureon the crust.Top with sliced tomatoes,feta and black olives..
- Drizzle with olive oil on top along with an extra pinch of sea salt..
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degree centigrade for 20- 25 until the pastry is crisp and golden minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a salad on the side..