Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage. Creamy shrimp pasta: If there is one thing I can always count on my family to eat it is my Cajun food. We love this traditional Southern shrimp pasta recipe in our house! I always make it with large shrimp and smoked sausage.
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions; drain pasta, and set aside. Creamy cajun pasta with shrimp and andouille sausage is a delicious restaurant quality dish that you can easily make in your own home kitchen! Andouille Sausage adds delicious Cajun flavor to all your favorite sausage recipes. You can cook Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage
- It’s 1 box of Mostaccioli.
- You need 1 packages of andouille sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of shrimp.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow bell pepper (or what color you desire ).
- You need 5 oz of grape tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper (or to taste).
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream (I didn't measure so maybe 1/3 to 1/2).
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded parmigiano-reggino.
Andouille is French in origin, but. Add more chicken broth or cream if it. This Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta is magical. It is guaranteed to brighten your evening mood after a hard day at work.
Cajun shrimp Mostaccioli pasta w/ andouille sausage step by step
- Slice the sausage on a angle and set aside. In a bowl season the shimp with Cajun season and set aside..
- Clean and peel the carrot then slice on a angle. Slice the bell pepper and tomatoes long ways and set aside..
- In a deep pot get water going for pasta. Cook al dente. Be sure to salt the water..
- Add oil to a non stick skillet and saute the sausage until they slightly brown and remove.
- Add the shrimp. Saute until they turn slightly pink and remove from skillet..
- Add peppers and carrots and saute for 5 minutes until the carrots begin to slightly soften..
- Add tomatoes and continue to saute another 3 mins..
- Add sausage back to the skillet along with the heavy whipping cream, black pepper and parmigiano-reggino..
- Bring to a bowl until the sauce has thickened add salt if needed. Add shrimp and pasta then stir until the pasta is evenly coated. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes..
- Add more cream as needed to make more creamier..
Oh, I forgot to mention that it's one-pot so you'll avoid a pile of dishes in the sink. Try this goodness and let me know how you liked it in the. Andouille sausage and Cajun seasoning joins shrimp and cavatappi pasta in this easy Instant Pot® dish that's easy enough for weeknights. Layer sausage, mushrooms, cavatappi, Cajun seasoning, and tomatoes in the pot evenly in that order; do not stir. This cajun shrimp pasta recipe has a down home comfort associated with the meals you get at a family's home and that's what I truly adore.