You can cook Chicken Cacciatore using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Cacciatore
- Prepare 6-8 of – chicken thighs – boneless, skinless.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic,granulated.
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of dry oregano.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of . salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoons of thyme.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of pepper.
- It’s 2 ounce of olive oil.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of large onions, ½ inch dice.
- Prepare 4 ounces of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of of Green bell peppers, ½ inch dice.
- It’s 1/2 of of Red bell peppers, ½ inch dice.
- Prepare 3 of plum tomatoes diced ½ inch dice.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of capers.
- It’s 1 of teaspoons. oregano.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare to taste of pepper.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley for color.
- Prepare 1 pound of fettuccine -cooked or the pasta of your choosing.
Chicken Cacciatore instructions
- Mix the flour, granulated garlic, dry oregano, thyme, salt and pepper in a gallon zip lock bag then shake to mix,. Add the chicken and shake to coat.
- After coating well with seasoned flour, shake off excess flour.
- Note…Depending on pan size more oil may be needed) You are trying to brown not cook the chicken. It is important not to have the oil to hot..
- Heat oil; in a large sauce pan or Dutch oven and brown the chicken on all sides. Take out and set aside..
- If after browning the chicken if the bottom of the pan looks burned or seems to dark clean the pan and add 2 ounces of oil for the next step.
- In the same pan Add garlic, onions, sauté in pot for 2 minutes Add mushrooms, sauté in pot for 2 minutes Add red and green bell peppers sauté in pot for 1 minutes Add the tomatoes and sauté in pot for 1 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients simmer for 5 minutes then add the browned chicken back into the pot and simmer 25-30 minutes covered lightly stirring as not to burn. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve over the pasta type of your choosing..
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- We are at a School so no wine was used in the making of this dish. You could add 4 ounces of red wine and take out four ounces of chicken stock. Taste great either way:).