Tarte Tatin Red onion, Fennel and Chilli.
You can cook Tarte Tatin Red onion, Fennel and Chilli using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tarte Tatin Red onion, Fennel and Chilli
- It’s 250 grams of ready made puff pastry.
- It’s 2 of red onions.
- You need 3 of fennel bulbs.
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 100 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of crushed coriander seeds.
- It’s 60 grams of caster sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh thyme leaves.
- Prepare 50 grams of grated parmesan.
Tarte Tatin Red onion, Fennel and Chilli step by step
- Roll the pastry big enough to cover frying pan. place pastry in fridge to rest..
- Preheat oven to gas 6. Peel the onions and slice into thick rounds. Remove the outer sections of the fennel and cut each bulb into 6 pieces, removing the woody core..
- Take the stalk off the chilli but leave whole. Cut a slit down its length to release flavour..
- Put all vegetables into a roasting tin, with the onions flat on bottom of the tin. Pour over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and add the crushed coriander seeds salt and pepper..
- Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally but being careful not to break the onions..
- In the frying pan mix the sugar with 3 tablespoons of water. Quickly bring to the boil and cook, keep moving the pan until golden brown. Do not stir..
- Arrange the vegetables in a decorative pattern in the frying pan and press down tight. Sprinkle with the thyme and parmesan..
- Cover with the puff pastry and tuck edges in between the veg and side of the pan. Prick the pastry with a fork and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Leave to cool for at least 5 minutes before turning out..
- Slice and serve with a salad..