Granny's Perfect peppermint patties. Jump to Recipe Jump to Video. So easy to make, only a handful of ingredients needed! Perfect for snacking on, or you can be kind and give some away as gifts.
Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden. Patricia "Peppermint Patty" Reichardt is a fictional character featured in Charles M. She is one of a small group in the strip who lives across town from Charlie Brown and his school friends (although in The Peanuts Movie she, along with Marcie and Franklin. You can have Granny's Perfect peppermint patties using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Granny's Perfect peppermint patties
- It’s 1 can of sweetened condensed milk.
- You need 5 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of peppermint extract.
- You need 3 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of shortening.
With their creamy center and refreshing flavor, homemade peppermint patties are easy to make and taste amazing — you'll never buy store-bought Did you know you can make your own homemade peppermint patties? It's true―they're easy to make, and because they're made fresh and use simple. 'Peanuts' Profile: Peppermint Patty. Do you like this video? "Peppermint Patty, the tomboy, is forthright, doggedly loyal, with a devastating singleness of purpose, the part of us that goes through life with blinders on.". —Charles M. Peppermint Patties are the perfect confection with their shiny dark chocolate coating that hides a smooth and creamy peppermint flavored filling.
Granny's Perfect peppermint patties step by step
- Add condensed milk, 2 cups powdered sugar, and peppermint extract in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, the dough will become stiff, so you may need to mix by hand at the end..
- Roll 3/4" balls between your palms..
- Flatten balls and place on partchment paper on a cookie sheet, place in freezer for 30-45 minutes to set up..
- While dough is chilling place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 sec. intervals make sure you stir well. (If you decide you would rather use a double boiler start this before starting anything else.) Add the shortening once the chocolate is melted all the way..
- Once the patties have set up completely dip into chocolate until completely covered. I found a fork is the best way to do this. Allow extra to drip off, then place on parchment or wax paper. I then place back in freezer to allow the chocolate to fully harden. It's ready when dry to the touch..
Peppermint Patties are the perfect confection. Perfect because when you bite through that thin layer of shiny dark chocolate you can almost hear it. Peppermint-flavored patties made of confectioners' sugar and condensed milk are air-dried, then dipped in semi-sweet chocolate to make these (NOTE: If you are going to do patties it is actually easier to leave them at room temperature to harden up because the frozen dough reacts too quickly. Make your own at home with this dess. These peppermint patties are homemade and just as delicious, if not more, than the real thing that you buy in the store!