Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce. Dip the onion into the milk mixture and then coat it liberally with the flour mixture. Again separate the petals and sprinkle the dry coating between them. I used the batter mixture to make onion rings instead of the blooming onion and then we dipped the rings in the sauce.
Michelle shares the secret to making them at home with a. The sauce for dipping the blooming onion is a sweet chili and sriracha sauce. It's creamy from a bit of mayonnaise, spicy from a blast of sriracha and it has a hint of sweetness from the sweet chili sauce. You can cook Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce
- You need of For the onion:.
- It’s 1 of Large yellow onion.
- Prepare 3 of Large eggs.
- You need 1/4 C. of Water.
- It’s 1 C. of Bread crumbs.
- You need 2 Tsp. of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Kosher salt.
- Prepare of For the dipping sauce:.
- Prepare 2/3 C. of Mayonnaise.
- You need 2 Tbsp. of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Horseradish.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Paprika.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 of to. dried oregano.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt.
And now here's my recipe for Baked Blooming Onions with Sweet Sriracha Sauce: Print. We all loved dipping those onion petals in that heavenly sauce — so much so, that we were often completely full before our entrees arrived! I admit I haven't had a blooming onion in at least a decade. But when I recently posted a lightened up version of another restaurant favorite, it reminded.
Baked blooming onion and dipping sauce instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F..
- Cut off pointy end of onion, peel. Turn onion cut side down. Cut 1/2" from the root down into 12-16 sections making sure not to cut through root. Flip over and gently pull sections of onion out to separate petals..
- I medium bowl mix eggs with water. Dip onion into egg wash using spoon to cover completely..
- In another bowl mix bread crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt. Cover onion with breadcrumb mixture using spoon if needed to cover..
- Bake onion until golden and tender. About 18-20 min..
- In small bowl make mix all dipping sauce ingredients and combine well..
Blooming onion bites with dipping sauce. Combine all dip ingredients and set aside. Cut the onion in half and make slices down the onion to make wedges. In a bowl, toss flour and seasonings except seasoning salt. This dipping sauce tastes exactly like the one you'll find at Outback Steakhouse and is perfect for your favorite onion rings!