Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes. These delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect combination of mint and chocolate. Serve these up for an extra special St. Patrick's We modified a Buttermilk Pancake recipe and added some mint flavoring.
Cooks' Note: Mint and peppermint extracts are. Green mint chocolate chip pancakes, yes please! These pancakes are a great way to bring a little green into your life whether that's for a picky eater, or just to bring in the luck of the Irish for a St. You can cook Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes using 17 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- You need of Pancakes.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter, plus more for cooking.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pure mint extract.
- You need 4 dash of green food coloring.
- It’s 3/4 cup of mini semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 of whipped cream, to taste.
- You need 1 of vanilla ice cream, to taste.
- It’s 1 of hot fudge sauce, to taste.
Try not to lick your plate clean, the pancakes are minty fresh but the green. Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes recipe: St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner. And while we don't celebrate this holiday as much as we do the other holidays in our We modified a Buttermilk Pancake recipe and added some mint flavoring.
Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes step by step
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl..
- Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts, and food coloring in a small bowl..
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated..
- Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat (appx 400° F)..
- Add 1/2 Tbsp butter; it should sizzle and melt almost immediately..
- Ladle 1/4 cup of pancake batter into skillet for each pancake, taking care to not let the pancakes run together..
- Cook for 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more..
- Transfer to plates..
- Repeat with the remaining batter..
- Serve warm with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and more chocolate chips, if desired..
The first batch came out a little TOO minty, but the second try. Whether or not you do a big parade or a whole bunch of nothing, this year you can celebrate the occasion with some delicious and healthy Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Mini chocolate chips turn your breakfast pancakes into a special treat. These delicious Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes are the perfect combination of mint and chocolate. Serve these up for an extra special St.